Thursday, February 10, 2011

Seasonal Quilts?

I hung my Christmas Wreath quilt on our front door at the beginning of December.  It felt so nice to approach the house and see my quilt each time.  I've become inspired to make - seasonal quilts to there is always a quilt on my front door.  Secretly, I'd like monthly quilts, but I'm starting somewhere.

We've had a lot of snow days this January.  So I put aside my other projects and decided it was time to start my Winter Door Hanging.

I've been keeping a December issue of Quiltmaker Magazine from 2003.  I've used several of the patterns in this magazine, but I've always wanted to do the snowflake quilt.  So my Winter quilt, is one of the snowflakes from this magazine.  My children were home from school due to ice/snow storm for two days straight.  At the end of the 2nd day, I had this finished quilt.


There has to be something good about all these snow days from school, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment